Friday, April 27, 2007

I think I can, I think I can...

The last few weeks have been CRAZY for us. But it's slowly winding down. As I type, Daniel is on his first day of filming his short film here in Grand Rapids. I only have 3 small events left, and summer is in sight! Didn't think we'd make there, but it's finally the end of April... or the promised land as I like to think of it.

The BEST news in terms of winding down is that Eddie is coming home on Sunday!!! Yes, he will be back in Michigan by 5:30 Sunday evening. Even as I type those words I'm tearing up, so I plan on just being a teary-fool for the next week.

The funny thing about living in "the urgent" for 3 weeks in a row, is that now that I'm getting back to normal, it's really hard to concentrate! Like, today I have no fires to put-out, so I'm just going through email, writing here, looking at my favorite blogs... but I still have things to do! I guess this is what could be commonly called as burn-out? All of my energy has been used up so I need a day of silliness. Not to mention, Patty Griffin is here at Calvin tonight, and I'm just way too excited about that.

The bad news is that we had quite a scare last night. Conrad ran out in front of a car and got clipped. He's okay... nothing broken or internally hurt. I just took him to the vet this morning, and we may have some x-rays taken on Monday to look at his hip. But he's pretty freaked out and Daniel and I are pretty freaked out. This may sound silly, but in the midst of all of our busyness, this shook us up a little to remember how fragile life is and how quickly we lose perspective.

No comments: