Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday's Finds

Last night I was supposed to go see the new Bond movie with Daniel and a group of people, but instead I let him go with the crowd and I crashed at home to watch "What Not to Wear". It was so wonderful to just rest (and I guess the movie isn't all that wonderful, according to strict Bond fans) and dream about having $5,000 to spend on clothes. I have ALL of next week off!!! So, it was a good night to turn-in early and start vacation off on the right foot.

Seeing as I'm now used to fewer and fewer hours of sleep, I awoke at 7:30 (note to self: next time taking a vacation, should come into work at least 20 minutes late each day so I can actually sleep-in once week is over). So I made fancy oatmeal - the kind that takes 30 minutes... any food that take longer than 30 min to make qualifies as fancy - and drove Daniel to a meeting downtown. Then I went to the farmers market, but it was slim-pickin's. Maybe I've been spoiled living in a more rural community for a while, but $25 seemed like too much for a medium sized wreath. Anyone agree with me? A big bag of late apples made it all worth it though, as did these dirt-cheap branches that supplied my imagination with this decorating idea.



But the find of the day goes to Daniel. Earlier this week, Adem (with an "e"), a director of photography Daniel's been working with, told him about a dog park near his house in Eastown that he and his dog frequent nearly everyday. Now, we've both spent a lot of time here in GR, but neither of us has ever heard mention of such a park. Still, we stowed Conrad in the Element and took off in search of this fabled park where canines run free as the wind. It took some searching, but the dog park can be found and it's like Disney World for puppies! Conrad didn't know what to do at first, but he soon caught on and spent a good hour playing with his new friends there. The park was all fenced in, and there were two sides: a huge side for big dogs, and smaller side for little dogs and puppies. Plastic bags and trash cans were provided. What a place! The puppy side was fine and all, except for a couple of annoying little fuzzy dogs who were more like popcorn than dogs, but I could tell Conrad knew he truly belongs with the big dogs... you'll get there someday, we kept telling him.



After a long nap, he and Daniel are happy campers. And I'm enjoying my cup of coffee and some Joni Mitchell. Like Krystal, I need a sign-off (I guess Katie C. has her "notebook" now).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krystal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krystal said...

Erin! Hooray for blogging! I am very glad to be the oh-so-sophisticated gal that inspired your blogging... perhaps I will start a wave of O'Connor blogging that will spread across the country. Maybe not... but it's a nice thought. You sound like you're doing great - your dog is adorable!

Love-
Krystal