Tuesday, January 29, 2008

move forward

The big news around our house is our new housemate... Peter! Peter is my little brother who just transfered from a school in Florida to Calvin. Despite the blizzard outside right now, he seems to be adjusting back to Michigan nooooo problem. He's going to be the best student at Calvin because the poor kid has to wait around ALL day (meaning, 9 am to at least 9 pm most days) for me and Daniel, so he's getting lots of homework done. Today was the first day of classes and he's already done all his homework through Thursday.

We are so excited to have him here. Now it's me and three boys... Daniel, Peter, and Conrad. I need Katy, Ellie, and Laura to come visit and revive girl time.

This semester is going to be a good one, I can just feel it. I'm responsible for WAY less weekends than any of my time at Calvin so far. That means I can actually have time to do other things than work at Calvin and work at home. All of Daniel's classes are at night, which may be a good thing... this way he can get a lot of work on his documentary done during the weekdays and weekends can take a break.

For now, it's a quiet beginning. I'm working on a baby blanket for my friend, Emily, who is expecting (for now, we're saying it's for "bean")!! Daniel set-up an office in the basement (our old office is now P's room). We've been eating our canned tomatoes, peaches, and pears and WOW... I'm so glad I did all that work! My favorite is a recipe for a crunchy almond topping over the fruit and you bake it for about 30 minutes... it's so good, someone usually eats the whole tray by breakfast the next day.

1 comment:

Erin G said...

oooh, please share that recipe! I need more creative things to do with fruit!