Sunday, July 06, 2008

travels, baseball, and babies

It's turning out to be a great summer! Daniel safely returned from his 3 weeks in Indonesia. He had a great, busy time and brought back amazing gifts! While he was there I kept myself busy. Most of the time I worked, but in the time I wasn't there I painted the kitchen, messed around in the yard, mooched dinner off of friends, and saw the Cubs-Sox game at Wrigley.


VGRs at the game ($6 beers in hand)

Conrad and I drove out to Maryland to visit my grandparents (and met my two youngest sisters out there). We had a blast just hanging around, cruisin' Alexandria, shopping Trader Joe's... the week FLEW by before we even did half the stuff we wanted to do. Unfortunately, I left my camera battery charger in Michigan so the only picture I got before Sheila died (Sheila = little purple camera) is of these two crazy people on the Metro.

my sister's on the Metro in DC... on our way to the Freer Gallery and Native American Museum

Now we're all back here at home and things are just as fun. This whole not working for a while thing is pretty great. We've had a nice couple of days just hanging out at home and boy is it great. Just a few days here makes me realize how little time we actually spend just at home, and I'd like to spend more time here. July 3 we hit our local minor-league baseball diamond with the VGRs for a Whitecap's double header. Thursdays are "thrifty" at the old ball game, and that means all good stuff is $2: beer, hotdogs (2 for $2!), pretzels... I know!! Not to mention, it was fireworks night AND Jimmy Buffet Night. oh yes. The downside is that those bleachers are not made for 14 innings and because the Wizards caught-up with the 'Caps by the 7th inning of the second game, we held out for 4 more innings (I REALLY wanted to see the fireworks at the end!), but retreated to the car before the end. Oh well. There's always next Thursday.


And I know I had "babies" in the title: because two of my best friends, Emily and Jeff, had their first baby Micah today!!!!!! He is healthy and just adorable. Hope to have some pictures soon.

No comments: