Friday, February 23, 2007

Dreams of Flying


I found this series of photos online and this was my favorite.

This week has been a long one. It's the combination of work, February, and lethargy (product of February, probably). The mercury climbed up to 38 degrees this week (wow!), and the sun is shining. This is a good thing and encouraging, until I remember Michigan spring is still months away. Still, the snow is beautiful and bright, and I welcome a break in the single-digit weather.

Last night Daniel and I worked until 7ish, and we drove to my favorite little hole-in-the wall, Pho Soc Trang, where we enjoyed delicious Vietnamese food. They did not have my favorite "vegetarian vermicelli", so in the interest of adventure, I tried the meat-laden version (a dollar cheaper - go figure). The bright "red" meat not so great but overall dish not so bad. Still, it remains my favorite place. Nextdoor there's an Asian market. Amazing finds include: gorgeous tea, noodle lunches for $1.50, ginger candy, and sesame oil 1/3rd the price of the grocery store. The thing is, the packaging is amazing on the things we bought; I'll take pictures and post to emphasize their loveliness. We found enormous scallops, and normally I'd go for it, but seriously, I think some of their seafood had been there in the freezer since fear of Y2K.

Tonight I'm taking myself and Conrad to Stevensville to wish Katy and Ellie happy Birthdays. It will be great to take off and maybe stop at my favorite antique stores in Saugatuck on the way south. I'm planning on picking them up a special something at the Wealthy St. Bakery - a Grand Rapids favorite of the O'Connor ladies. This is the only weekend off for a couple weeks, so I need to enjoy it!

No comments: